Bel employees, actors of CSR
The Actors for Good program, launched in October 2021, aims to make all Bel employees actors of CSR.
Developed jointly with the Bel Foundation, the very first “Days for Good week” was organized in May 2022. The event gave all employees the opportunity to take part in community support initiatives.
Days for Good: a week of community support
Locally, and on a volunteer basis, each Bel site has had the possibility to organize a community support initiative with local NGOs and organizations.
Over 1,300 employees in 15 countries took part in the first Days for Good event, to the benefit of 25 organizations working for children, food, and the environment.
At the Group headquarters in Suresnes, nearly 250 employees contributed and committed to some 15 organizations based in Ile de France.
Throughout the week, employees could dedicate time around three main themes:
- Children: children’s nutrition workshops with mothers, sorting baby clothes, etc.
- Food: preparation of meals to be distributed on solidarity rounds, pastry preparation, baking and tasting with isolated elderly people, workshops raising awareness of cooking with vegetables and the impact of food on our carbon footprint, etc.
- Planet protection: awareness-raising workshops on pollinators, workshops on zero waste and eco-construction, maintenance of green spaces (waste collection in forests), etc.
Bel employees were able to participate in the daily life of the NGOs, strengthening their sense of belonging, their solidarity and team spirit that are an integral part of the Bel Group’s DNA.
The event enabled the organizations involved to:
– benefit from the skills and energy of Bel employees for one day
– obtain funding from the Bel Foundation for long-term projects.
The event proved to be extremely successful around the world, in Algeria, Belgium, France, the UK, Australia, Poland, Canada, the Czech Republic, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Morocco, Slovakia, Vietnam, the USA, Greece, and the Netherlands. Everyone took part in this first edition!
Days for Good 2023
Following this initial success, the next Days for Good event will take place from June 12 to 30, 2023.
Once again, the key themes will be children, food, and the environment. The event will also focus on fighting against exclusion through a number of initiatives.