Committed employees today, activists tomorrow
Commitment is at the heart of Bel’s human resources policy, which encourages responsibility, enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit, and the development of skills.
Bel encourages and supports the commitment of its employees.
- Skills sponsorship : Since 2020, Bel has offered its employees in France the opportunity to take part, on their personal or professional time, in solidarity missions and challenges. More than 300 hours of work have been dedicated to these civic missions. This program will be extended to all employees worldwide in 2022. At the end of 2020, the Group joined the Alliance pour le Mécénat de Compétences, which promotes skills sponsorship within companies, in France and internationally, to co-construct and develop this practice.
- Rounding of salaries : Since 2016, Bel has participated in the rounding of salaries, a scheme that allows employees in France who wish to do so to donate cents from their salary to charities. This donation is matched by the Bel Group. As a result, nearly 35,000€ has been collected for the benefit of these charities, chosen by employees.
- Donation of days : In 2020, Bel gave its employees in France the opportunity to donate their days off and matched each of these donations, leading to a donation of more than €100,000 to healthcare institutions located near the plants and headquarters, to support medical personnel and the acquisition of equipment.
- Supporting the personal commitment of our employees through the Bel Foundation : Each year, the Bel Foundation provides financial support to approximately fifteen charities around the world that work to promote the well-being of children and which our employees actively suport. To learn more about this program, visit the Bel Foundation’s website
- Awareness of climate issues : Bel wants to make its employees real actors of change. In 2021, the Group offered its French employees the opportunity to participate in collaborative workshops called “La Fresque du Climat” to (the Climate Fresk) to better understand the challenges of climate change and to inspire them to act ! The program has already raised awareness amongst 200 employees and will be extended internationally in 2021, where volunteer employees will train their colleagues.